Master's Degree in Educational Leadership
Our educational leadership master’s degree program provides our graduates with the confidence, content knowledge, and professional leadership skills to become effective leaders who are ready to face the challenges of education in the 21st century.
Our master’s in educational leadership students benefit from a faculty consisting of former K-12 practitioners who connect educational research and theory with actual practice. During every class meeting, the faculty focuses on providing students with knowledge and skills that they can apply in their schools as early as the next day.
The master’s in educational leadership at UL Lafayette is a hybrid program, which means about half of our classes meet face-to-face and the other half are delivered online. The online portion means you can work at your own pace, on your own time. The face-to-face class time gives our M.Ed. in Educational Leadership students time to network, form professional relationships with colleagues, and develop and refine the collaborative skills that are so important for educational leaders.
The master’s in educational leadership degree program at UL Lafayette uses a cohort system, so you will remain with the same classmates during the six semesters and follow a specific sequence of interrelated courses.
Many of our graduates are currently serving in effective leadership roles throughout Louisiana and beyond. School districts acknowledge and regard our M.Ed. in Educational Leadership program for producing graduates with strong leadership knowledge and skills. In addition, our leadership preparation program is nationally recognized by accrediting institutions.
- You will acquire and apply real-world educational experiences to develop leadership abilities and competencies
- You will expand your knowledge of cutting edge leadership practices, research, and personal skills for success through self-evaluation and reflection
- You will engage in projects and action research designed to maximize learning and marketability as an educational leader
- You will enjoy flexible instructional formats and locations
This program prepares its students for licensure or certification within the state of Louisiana. Please visit the list of licensure programs for important information if you plan to move out of state.
We Come To You
Even if you are not located in Lafayette you can still benefit from in-classroom teaching via remote cohorts. Our professors will travel to you!
If you are located in one of our regionally affiliated districts, you can benefit from joining a remote cohort that eliminates the need for you to travel to our campus for face-to-face instruction. We have developed partnerships with multiple school districts in Louisiana which provide instructional locations within their parishes where we hold our classes. These district sites have included Vermillion Parish, Rapides Parish, St. Mary Parish, Iberia Parish, and Lafayette Parish.
If you are not located in one of the currently served area parishes and you are aware of interest from other teachers in your district who would also like to apply to our program, we may consider establishing a new remote cohort in your area if interest is great enough.
For more information or to discuss the development of new remote cohort partnerships in your area contact the M.Ed. Program Coordinator.
- Develop the knowledge and competencies of aspiring leaders to prepare them to provide optimal leadership for the education of all learners
- Develop leaders who are responsive, inquiring, reflective practitioners
- Develop leaders who are competent in data-based decision making and able to identify and implement effective research-based school improvement strategies
- Develop leaders who value, encourage, and facilitate professional development focused on student achievement
- Develop leaders who can create and maintain a school culture conducive to teaching and learning
- Develop ethical leaders who value, understand, and support diversity in education
- Develop leaders who can understand and act accordingly to legal issues in educational settings
- Develop leaders who can manage the organization, operations, and resources of the school
We offer our students opportunites to reduce the price of tuition for our program through the Teacher Tuition Inventive Program, which can significantly reduce your semester cost if you are a currently working K12 teacher.
While the Teacher Tuition Incentive Program is dependent upon the number of applicants and availabilty of funds each semster, and not all students who apply are guaranteed an award, many of our students who have applied for the program in the past have received up to a $5,000 reduction in the total tuition cost of their degree program during the course of their studies.
For more information and how to apply contact Frank S. Del Favero, M.Ed. Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about the application process and what you'll need to apply.
Dr. Frank Del Favero
M.Ed. Program Coordinator
Office: Picard Center 252
Dr. Robert Slater
Office: Picard Center 255