Our educational leadership master’s degree program provides our graduates with the confidence, content knowledge, and professional leadership skills to become effective leaders who are ready to face the challenges of education in the 21st century.
Our master’s in educational leadership students benefit from a faculty consisting of former K-12 practitioners who connect educational research and theory with actual practice. During every class meeting, the faculty focuses on providing students with knowledge and skills that they can apply in their schools as early as the next day.
The master’s in educational leadership at UL Lafayette is a hybrid program, which means about half of our classes meet face-to-face and the other half are delivered online. The online portion means you can work at your own pace, on your own time. The face-to-face class time gives our M.Ed. in Educational Leadership students time to network, form professional relationships with colleagues, and develop and refine the collaborative skills that are so important for educational leaders.
The master’s in educational leadership degree program at UL Lafayette uses a cohort system, so you will remain with the same classmates during the six semesters and follow a specific sequence of interrelated courses.
Many of our graduates are currently serving in effective leadership roles throughout Louisiana and beyond. School districts acknowledge and regard our M.Ed. in Educational Leadership program for producing graduates with strong leadership knowledge and skills. In addition, our leadership preparation program is nationally recognized by accrediting institutions.
Why an M. Ed. in Educational Leadership from UL Lafayette?
- Acquisition and application of real-world educational experiences to develop leadership abilities and competencies
- Expanded knowledge of cutting edge leadership practices, research, and personal skills for success through self-evaluation and reflection
- Engaging projects and action research designed to maximize learning and marketability as an educational leader
- Flexible instructional formats and locations
Educational Leadership Master's Degree Program Goals
- Develop the knowledge and competencies of aspiring leaders to prepare them to provide optimal leadership for the education of all learners
- Develop leaders who are responsive, inquiring, reflective practitioners
- Develop leaders who are competent in data-based decision making and able to identify and implement effective research-based school improvement strategies
- Develop leaders who value, encourage, and facilitate professional development focused on student achievement
- Develop leaders who can create and maintain a school culture conducive to teaching and learning
- Develop ethical leaders who value, understand, and support diversity in education
- Develop leaders who can understand and act accordingly to legal issues in educational settings
- Develop leaders who can manage the organization, operations, and resources of the school
Learn more about the application process and what you'll need to apply.
Dr. Frank Del Favero
Office: Picard Center 252
Dr. Robert Slater
Office: Picard Center 255