ARE YOU READY TO CHANGE EDUCATION?
Wednesday, May 8, 2019
UL LITE Center
9:00am - 4:00pm
Learn from leading thinkers and innovators in the K-12 Law Community!
Spring is the perfect time to catch up on new laws, cases and policies to plan for the fall and to develop a framework for decision-making. We encourage superintendents, central office administrators, principals, assistant principals, teachers, school board members and other legislators to join us for the UL Lafayette K-12 Law Conference and save some serious dollars while enhancing your peace of mind for decision-making. Participants will also Earn Six (6) CLUs!
The UL Lafayette K-12 Education Law Conference is proud to bring together leading professionals in Education Law who strive to bring you the latest developments in the field. Both seasoned veterans of education law, and those who have just begun their careers are invited to participate in this innovative summit held at the Louisiana Immersive Technologies Enterprise (LITE) at UL Lafayette. There, participants will focus on the most current and significant issues impacting the K-12 Education Law community, and new creative ideas to manage these problems will be addressed and discussed.
Some of the topics for the 2019 conference include:
- Current social media issues and their impact on students and teachers.
- Search & seizure updates from the latest cases on cell phone searches.
- Current court decisions and their impact on schools, including new laws on school safety and requirements to report threats of violence.
- Maneuvering mandatory mental health evaluations.
- Guidace and updates on school prayer and other religious issues.
- Special education updates from around the nation.
- Tort law issues and how to protect your school.
- As well as other national updates on K-12 law and policy for the school year ahead.
We hope you will choose to participate in this innovative conference!