The Ed. D. program has several components that are of special importance for your curriculum.
- The program is designed to enhance educational leadership at the district, state and national levels by offering courses and seminars that address district, state and national issues relative to education in both the K-12 and higher education spheres.
- The program has a change theory component to help educational leaders recognize when change is necessary and how to successfully change an organization to improve student achievement.
- The program is being offered by two institutions and most courses (excluding the research courses) will be offered to students from both campuses.
- The courses will be delivered utilizing distance education techniques and strategies including, but not limited to, compressed video, web-based action, face-to-face meetings, weekends and other techniques as deemed appropriate.
- Each candidate will be required to satisfactorily complete a Qualifying Paper (with oral defense) before being admitted to candidacy and allowed to continue in the program.
- Each candidate must prepare and successfully defend a dissertation prior to obtaining the degree.
- The two institutions offer a summer school program that will provide opportunities for motivated candidates to complete substantial portions of their program.
Make sure you have all of your courses and know what the next step is in your curriculum. You'll find all of that information here.