Please come and join us at our Louisiana K-12 Education Law Conference 9:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m. on Friday, May 18, 2018 at the beautiful LITE Center located at 537 Cajundome Blvd., Lafayette, LA 70504. Consider attending if you are a school board member, legislator, superintendent, central office supervisor, principal, assistant principal or teacher leader.
The conference will address ways to avoid legal problems in the following areas:
- Internet predators, sexting and the education of students and teachers
- Search & Seizure update including latest cases on cell phone searches
- Prayer in Schools and other religious issues – Latest updates and guidance
- Special Education and updates from around the nation
- Current court decisions and their impact on schools
- Discussion of student protests and school security issues
- Special Guest Speaker
- Odds and Ends happening in law and policy to help you prepare you for the 2018-2019 school year
- General cost is only $95 and $50 for UL Lafayette students, and includes lunch from Ole Tyme grocery that makes the best poor-boys around.
- CEUs available.
- Richard Fossey, J.D., Ed. D., Burden Professor of Education and former school board attorney
- Luke Walker, J.D., Assistant United States Attorney for the Western District of Louisiana
- Nathan Roberts, J. D., Ph. D., Professor, former Hearing Officer and former school board attorney
To register go to: http://foundations.louisiana.edu/node/105
Contact Information - Nathan Roberts, J.D., Ph.D., - email@example.com
Conference Coordinator - 337 482-1026
The Louisiana K-12 Education Law Conference will be held at the LITE Center at UL. The building is conveniently located near the Cajundome off Cajundome Blvd. in Lafayette.
To Locate Us:
Louisiana Immersive Technologies Enterprise (LITE)
537 Cajundome Blvd Suite 209
Lafayette, LA 70506
|UL Students - $50|
|UL Students Regular Price UL Students receive a $45 dollar discount off the regular price of admission to the K-12 Education Law Conference. This price includes breakfast, and a lunch provided for us by Olde Tyme Grocery. Please have your Student ID card at the time of conference check-in. Regular price of admission to the K-12 Education Law Conference is $95 dollars, which includes complimentary continental breakfast, and a lunch provided for us by Olde Tyme Grocery.|
|Regular Price - $95|
|Regular price of admission to the K-12 Education Law Conference is $95 dollars, which includes complimentary continental breakfast, and a lunch provided for us by Olde Tyme Grocery.|
Visit our Registration Page