Please come and join us at our Louisiana K-12 Education Law Conference 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, April 26, 2017 at the beautiful LITE Center located at 537 Cajundome Blvd., Lafayette, LA 70504. Consider attending if you are a school board member, legislator, superintendent, central office supervisor, principal, assistant principal or teacher leader.
The conference will address ways to avoid legal problems in the following areas:
- School Security: A model developed by Ascension Parish Sheriff’s Department and How to work effectively with your security officers including walk-throughs, lockdowns and current tools available.
- Search & Seizure update including latest cases on cell phone searches
- Prayer in Schools – Latest updates and guidance
- Foundations of Special Education and updates from around the nation
- Odds and Ends happening in law and policy to help you prepare you for the 2017-2018 school year
- General cost is only $95 and $50 for UL Lafayette students and includes lunch from Ole Tyme grocery that makes the best poor-boys around. Paper registration is available and the form is attached to this email as well. CEUs available.
- Richard Fossey, J.D., Ed. D., Burden Professor of Education and former school board attorney
- Kenneth Lane, Ed. D., former Ed. D. program coordinator and professor and past ELA president
- Captain Joey Mayeaux, Captain of East Patrol, Traffic and School Security Officers, Ascension Parish Sheriff’s Department
- Nathan Roberts, J. D., Ph. D., Professor, former Hearing Officer and former school board attorney
To register go to: http://foundations.louisiana.edu/node/102
Contact Information - Nathan Roberts, J.D., Ph.D., - email@example.com
Conference Coordinator - 337 482-1026
The Louisiana K-12 Education Law Conference will be held at the LITE Center at UL. The building is conveniently located near the Cajundome off Cajundome Blvd. in Lafayette.
To Locate Us:
Louisiana Immersive Technologies Enterprise (LITE)
537 Cajundome Blvd Suite 209
Lafayette, LA 70506
|UL Students - $50|
|UL Students Regular Price UL Students receive a $45 dollar discount off the regular price of admission to the K-12 Education Law Conference. This price includes breakfast, and a lunch provided for us by Olde Tyme Grocery. Please have your Student ID card at the time of conference check-in. Regular price of admission to the K-12 Education Law Conference is $95 dollars, which includes complimentary continental breakfast, and a lunch provided for us by Olde Tyme Grocery.|
|Regular Price - $95|
|Regular price of admission to the K-12 Education Law Conference is $95 dollars, which includes complimentary continental breakfast, and a lunch provided for us by Olde Tyme Grocery.|
Visit our Registration Page